TPREIA CODE OF ETHICS
1. Inspectors shall avoid conflicts of interest or activities that compromise, or appear to compromise, professional or objectivity.
2. Inspectors shall avoid inspecting properties for compensation in which they have, or expect to have, a financial interest.
3. Inspectors shall not inspect properties under contingent arrangements whereby any compensation or future referrals are dependent on reported findings or on the sale of a property.
4. Inspectors shall not pay compensation to real estate agent agents, or any other party having a financial interest in the closing or settlement of real estate transactions, for the referral of inspections or for inclusion on a list of recommended inspectors, preferred providers, or similar arrangements.
5. Inspectors shall not receive compensation from anyone other than the client unless agreed upon prior to the inspection.
6. Inspectors shall not accept compensation, directly or indirectly, for recommending contractors, services, or products to inspection clients or other parties having an interest in inspected properties.
7. Inspectors shall not ever repair, replace, or upgrade, for compensation, systems or components covered by Standards of Practice.
8. The Inspector shall inspect in good faith and fairness to all interested parties involved in the real estate transaction.
9. Inspectors shall be discreet and not discuss inspection results or client information without client approval.Â Inspectors, at their discretion, may discuss or warn owners about immediate safety hazards to occupants
exposed to such hazards, when feasible.
10. Inspectors shall limit their practice to their area of expertise and shall inform their client at the earliest possible time of that the inspector discovers areas he feels he in no fully capable of inspecting a particular
11. The inspector shall conduct his business as not to bring discredit on the inspection industry; He shall conduct his business manner that reflects professionalism, independence and fairness to himself and the inspection industry.